PARENTS’ CODE OF ETHICSI hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in YMCA sports by following this Code of Ethics.
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other YMCA sport events.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
3. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
4. I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
5. I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all YMCA sports events.
6. I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults.
7. I will do my very best to make YMCA sports events fun for my child.
8. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
9. I will promise to help my child enjoy the YMCA sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation or whatever I am capable of doing.
10. I will require that my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a YMCA sports coach and that the coach agree to the YMCA sports Coaches’ Code of Ethics.
11. I know the YMCA’s core values (honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility) and will do everything in my power to follow and enforce these values during YMCA sports programs.
12. I understand the YMCA’s child abuse policy and that coaches will not be responsible for taking my child to the bathroom during YMCA youth sports functions.